Hebat..hebat..bisa aja ya Pak Gatot ngebuat kami membaca modul-modul tentang metode penelitian kuantitatif, modul itu tentunya dalam bahasa Inggris. Tentu saja bukan aku seorang yang merasa kesulitan mengerti maksud dari Uma Sekaran (penulis buku itu), sampe-sampe beberapa temen nyari terjemahannya di Toga Mas. Nah, aku mo review lagi nih tugas pertama tentang metode penelitian kuantitatif dalam manajemen, in case biar ga lupa yaa…he..he..
1. A production manager is concerned about the low output levels of his employees. The articles that has read on job performance frequently mention four variables as being important to job performance: skill required for the job, rewards, motivation, and satisfaction. In several of articles it was also indicated that only if the rewards were valent (attractive) to recipients did motivation, satisfaction, and job performance increase, not otherwise. Given this situaation:
1. Define the problem
2. Evolve a theoretical framework
3. Develop at least six hypotheses
the answer is:
- Define the problem :
The low output levels of his employees
3. Develop at least six hypotheses.
- If the employees have more skill required for the job, then their job performance will increase.
- If employees are valent rewards, then their motivation will increase.
- If employees get more valent rewards, it will increase motivation which enhance job performance.
- If the company offering valent rewards to employees, then satisfactory level of employees will increase.
- Employees who are more motivated will increasing their job performance.
- Employees who are more satisfied will improve their job performance.
2. In recent decades, many service markets have been liberalized. For this reason, incumbent service firm are facing new competitors and must address customer switching. You are discussing the determinants of customer switching with a service firm manager. She believes that product quality, relationship quality, and switching costs are important determinant of customer switching. You agree with the contention that product quality and relationship quality are important determinants of switching. However, you believe that switching costs moderate the relationships between product quality, relationship quality, and customer switching. Provide arguments for this contention.
Customer who had good relationship and content with our product, will not switch to our competitor disregard low switching cost.
3. For the following case entitled “sleepless nights at Holiday Inn” (published in Business week), please do;
a) Identify the problem
b) Develop a conceptual model
c) Develop at least four hypotheses
a) There is an agency problem between manager hotel and the share holder about increasing the revenue.
b) A conceptual model
c) Develop at least four hypotheses
1. If the type of hotel could be differentiate well, the customer will satisfied and that can enhance the income.
2. With repair and maintain buildings properly it will satisfy the customer
3. With improved quality of customer service then customer satisfaction will be achieved.
4. With increased customer satisfaction will also increase the revenue.
akhirnya tugas pertama ini selesai dengan sumbangan cairan otak dari nadia, fani, koji san dan juki. Siap diprint besok pagi kawan.. Takada san masih nyelesein resume dari tugas Pak Naya tentang Industrial revolution, he..he..gambatte takada san!!!
baru kali ini merasa benar-benar kuliah…he..he..
masih harus terus berjuang dan teuteup semangat yaaaa…
Selasih cafe, dilanjut Pot’Luck library cafe..1 Sept’10